Head Chef Worcester
- Location: Worcester
- Salary: £12.60
- Hours: 32
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Full UK Driving Licence essential
Iris Care Group offer supported living services to adults with autism & learning disabilities. We are different from other care providers; we believe we offer genuine career progression opportunities and provide a great working environment which results in our teams delivering fantastic outcomes for the people we support.
Your role will be:
The main purpose of your job is to be responsible for the co-ordination of all aspects of kitchen production so that food is prepared to the agreed standard and that time deadlines are met. As Head Chef you will be managing the kitchen team to cook and serve nutritious, healthy meals. You’ll provide a choice of meals based on the likes and needs of those living at Pirton Grange, considering cultural preferences and special dietary requirements. Establish and maintain high standards of dietary provision and hygiene standards.
1. To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety, staff, cleaning and waste control.
2. To supervise and develop staff to ensure effective team work and communication, including conducting staff supervisions & appraisals.
3. To order catering consumables in line with Company Purchasing policy.
4. To complete monthly audits for kitchen reporting any finding to home manager
5. To plan and prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, in line with agreed budget.
6. To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs, choices are being met and that any special diets for individuals are provided as directed by the nursing staff/Manager.
7. To maintain the agreed stock levels of food and carry out stock takes at the end of each month
8. To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
9. To assist in the preparation of meals, ensuring high quality meals are provided.
10. To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
11. To ensure compliance with the requirements of the Food Safety Act 1990, The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Riddor and COSHH Regulations and understand what is expected of you and your team.
12. To ensure that all Food safety documentation is complete and checking that these are completed and up to date in your absence.
13. To work alongside the management team to deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
14. To support the maintenance of a safe environment, where staff can fulfil their duties, achieve excellence, develop within their role and access the range of organisational opportunities.Back to all internal vacancies