Assistant Chef – Beechwood College
- Location: Beechwood College
- Salary: £23,072
- Hours: 37.5
Iris Care Group is an innovative, rapidly expanding organisation that provides specialist care, education and treatment services for individuals with mental health needs, learning disabilities and other specialist care.
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Chef to work in Beechwood college.
Duties to include:
- To store, prepare, cook and serve food and beverage items in Accordance with all Food Handling and Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety policy, COSHH, HACCP regulations and all statutory health and safety requirements, and ensure that these are observed by all members of staff.
- To assist the Head Chef with menu planning, ordering, budgeting and stock control.
- To clean and store equipment, crockery, cutlery and utensils in a safe and hygienic manner.
- To ensure Documentation duties and procedures are maintained for efficiency and accuracy i.e. temperature of food and equipment.
- Ensure segregation and prompt removal of waste to designated collection points, in accordance with the Company’s Safe Waste Handling Procedure.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and cleaned in the appropriate manner. Report any maintenance problems to the Manager immediately a problem occurs, keeping an accurate record.
- Work within the allocated food budget costs.
- Assist in the production and service of special functions, as required.
- To observe and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene, confidentiality, courtesy and consideration to all clients, colleagues and visitors.
- 37.5 hours per week, worked flexibly to meet the needs of the business (5 days out of 7).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,072.00 per year
- Company pension
- Store discount
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship and are unable to progress with applications from candidates looking for sponsorship.
Work Location: In person