Assistant Chef – Beechwood College
- Location: Barry
- Salary: £23,072
- Hours: 37.5
We are looking for a Assistant Chef to join our well-established team at Beechwood College.
Are you looking for a rewarding career? At Iris Care Group, you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference. Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled.
What will you receive?
- Annual salary of £23,072
- Holiday allowance of 216 hours (28.8 days) per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contract
- Overtime opportunities
- Part-time opportunities
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for everyone you successfully introduce.
- To store, prepare, cook and serve food and beverage items in Accordance with all Food Handling and Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety policy, COSHH, HACCP regulations and all statutory health and safety requirements, and ensure that these are observed by all members of staff.
- To assist the Head Chef with menu planning, ordering, budgeting and stock control.
- To clean and store equipment, crockery, cutlery and utensils in a safe and hygienic manner.
- To ensure Documentation duties and procedures are maintained for efficiency and accuracy i.e. temperature of food and equipment.
- Ensure segregation and prompt removal of waste to designated collection points, in accordance with the Company’s Safe Waste Handling Procedure.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and cleaned in the appropriate manner. Report any maintenance problems to the Manager immediately a problem occurs, keeping an accurate record.
- Work within the allocated food budget costs.
- Assist in the production and service of special functions, as required.
- To observe and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene, confidentiality, courtesy and consideration to all clients, colleagues and visitors.
- 37.5 hours per week, worked flexibly to meet the needs of the business (5 days out of 7).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,072.00 per year
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship and are unable to progress with applications from candidates looking for sponsorship.
Work Location: In person