Deputy Care Manager – Gloucester
- Location: Gloucester
- Salary: £12.24 per hour
- Closes: 08/11/2023
- Hours: 40
Are you looking for a rewarding career? If you are a caring, energetic, enthusiastic individual, Iris Care Group has an exciting new opportunity for a Deputy Care Manager to join one of our well-established teams in Gloucester.
Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled. Work for us and you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference.
What will you receive?
- £12.24 p/h
- Holiday allowance of 216 hours (28.8 days) per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contracts
- Overtime opportunities
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for every new staff member you successfully introduce.
- To support the manager to effectively manage a team of staff to deliver person centred, specialist services to those we support.
- To provide clear leadership to support workers in relation to work issues and to offer guidance, support, and training where required, alongside conducting staff supervisions.
- To ensure you fully understand the principles of the REACH standards (Supported Living services) and Iris Care Group values and that these are embedded within your own and your team’s daily practice.
- Ensuring all written reports including care plans and risk assessments are kept up to date, accurate and reflective of needs.
- Contributing to the organisational audit of the service and helping to implement of the recommendations for service improvement.
- To act as a representative of Iris Care Group in all dealings with external professionals, families, carers and members of the public.
- To provide cover for Registered Managers when required.
- To conduct regular team meetings.
- To plan and manage a rota that is reflective of commissioned hours.
- Managing the impact of absence within the staff team.
- Actively engaging with families and external professionals.
- Ensuring implementation and maintenance of systems which guarantee compliance.
- To contribute to a 24 hour on call system.
- Level 3 Diploma in health and social care or equivalent
- Substantial Experience of working with adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Behaviours of concern, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Epilepsy and Complex Needs as a Senior Support Worker/Team leader
- Experience of leading, motivating, supervising and line managing staff in accordance with policy and legislation
- Experience of dealing with difficult and challenging situations safely and calmly
- Management qualification or relevant degree
- Willing to work towards a Level 4/5 Leadership and Management in Health & Social Care Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience of CQC inspection process
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Full UK Driving Licence essential
Back to all jobs