Driver/Carer – Beechwood College
- Location: Barry
- Salary: £11 Per hour
- Hours: 37.5
Are you looking for a rewarding career? If you are a caring, energetic, enthusiastic individual, Iris Care Group has an exciting new opportunity for a Driver/Carer to join our well-established team at Beechwood College.
Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled. Work for us and you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference.
What will you receive?
- £11 p/h
- Holiday allowance of 216 hours (28.8 days) per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contracts
- Overtime opportunities
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for every new staff member you successfully introduce.
- Driving the people we support to various educational, recreational and social activities.
- Acting as a second carer.
- Ensuring that vehicles are properly maintained and being responsible for daily and weekly vehicle checks.
- D1 Driving License
37.5 Hours per week over 7 days, due to the nature of the role you will need to be required to be flexible on hours. Although this is a driving role – you will be required to act as a carer when required such as activities, as such you will need to demonstrate the ability to work with service users with Learning Disabilities, and complex conditions.
Where will you be working?
Beechwood College is a specialist day and residential service for young people over the age of 16 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
We believe that each young person makes a personal and valuable contribution to the college community and we make sure that students are respected for who they are and what they can do.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: On the road