Home Manager – Palace Road
- Location: Cardiff
- Closes: 30/11/2023
- Hours: 37.5
Iris Care Group is looking for Home Manager – Palace Road
We have an exciting opportunity for an Interim Home Manager to join one of our homes in Ludlow Street Healthcare (Ocean Community Services). We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Manager who will support us to retain the positive relationships that we have with our Regulators and Commissioning teams.
You will join a vibrant and motivated OCS management team and we will ensure you will have support through mentorship and coaching from allocated experienced OCS managers and support from your Area Manager and Responsible Individual.
Iris Care Group is a specialist provider of care for adults over the age of 18 with complex mental health problems, autism, learning disabilities, and neurological conditions including dementia and acquired brain injuries. We provide transition-focused healthcare and bespoke step-down services, including specialist assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and education, throughout Wales and the South West of England.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Home Manager is desirable.
- QCF level 5 Leadership and management and or Level 5 in Health and social care and be registered with Social Care Wales or be working towards this qualification.
- You’re compassionate and committed with a desire to make a difference to those that you care for, in a positive and patient manner
- As Home Manager you will be responsible for the management of the home, including managing a large staff team ensuring staff have regular supervision where staff are encouraged and supported to evidence competency and meet their own personal development goals.
- Staff retention and attrition will be a Key aspect of the management role and will be monitored by the OCS Senior Management team.
- You will manage the homes resources and work within the allocated budget.
- You will be a key player in the assessment and referrals process and ensure that the home retains full occupancy.
- You will ensure you meet compliance within the regulatory framework with CIW (RISCA), Social Care Wales.
- You will be expected to achieve the highest quality of support for the service users through a person centred approaches to the care planning process. You will be expected to measure service user achievements and ensure the people we support achieve their full potential.
- Holiday allowance of 247.5 hours (33 days) per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Life Insurance paid for death in service, three times salary equivalent
- Auto-enrolment into the pension scheme
- Career Development Opportunities – 50% staff currently enrolled on professional & Management courses
- Additional long service annual leave
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- £500 recommend a friend incentive
Back to all internal vacancies