Housekeeper – Heatherwood Court
- Location: Pontypridd
- Salary: £10.60 per hour
- Closes: 22/12/2023
- Hours: 37.5
We are not able to accept CVs from TIER 4/ Candidates requesting sponsorship
Are you looking for a rewarding career? If you are a caring, energetic, enthusiastic individual, Iris Care Group has an exciting new opportunity for a Housekeeper to join our well-established team at Heatherwood Court, Pontypridd.
Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled. Work for us and you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference.
What will you receive?
- £10.60 per hour
- Holiday allowance of 210 hours per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- ‘Recognise Me’, our new staff benefits, wellbeing and recognition platform
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contracts
- Overtime opportunities
- Death in service
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for every new staff member you successfully introduce.
- As a housekeeper you will support the unit in the effective cleaning of all areas in accordance with the unit’s schedules and specifications
- You will also ensure documentation is completed in line with the daily/weekly housekeeping cleaning schedule and undertake laundry duties as and when required
- Promote and uphold the privacy, rights, dignity, health and well-being of the individuals
- Promote the right values and attitudes towards people with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health needs and behaviours described as challenging
- You’re compassionate and committed with a desire to make a difference, in a positive and patient manner
- Have a genuine interest in working alongside our client group
- Ability to adapt your approach to the individual’s needs and a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work flexibly across 5 out of 7 days of the working week, which may include weekends. Working days are 8 hours between 7am-8pm.
- Experience in a Health and Social Care environment would be an advantage but not essential.