Interim Assistant Manager ( Beech House ) – Beech House
- Location: Penarth
- Salary: £28,665
- Closes: 10/11/2023
- Hours: 37.5
We have an Exciting opportunity for an Interim Assistant Manager in our service, As a Interim Assistant Manager, you will ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our clients through their person-centred care plans to achieve and exceed potential.
Iris Care Group is a specialist provider of care for adults over the age of 18 with complex mental health problems, autism, learning disabilities, and neurological conditions including dementia and acquired brain injuries. We provide transition-focused healthcare and bespoke step-down services, including specialist assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and education, throughout Wales and the South West of England.
- To work in line with all organisational policies/procedures, values and beliefs and support the staff team to do the same.
- To manage the service in the absence of the Home Manager.
- To provide direction and be a role model, facilitating best practice and best outcomes for the service user group.
- Understand and promote dignity and respect in all aspects of your daily work.
- Understand and promote awareness and respect of the confidentiality of service users unless doing so would be a risk to them, others, or the organisation.
- Understand and respect the confidentiality of your colleagues and the wider organisation and work within the GDPR policy.
- Understand and inform those you supervise/support that communicating the organisations business to any external party, including ex-employees, without express permission, may result in a disciplinary process.
- Direct others to support the home manager to manage resource and reduce costs across the service.
- To use effective, professional, written and verbal communication at all times, ensuring the correct information is delivered to the correct person at the correct time.
- To understand and adhere to all security requirements for the service, including attending/delivering training when required.
- To ensure all staff work within the prescribed model of care, using PBS, recovery support plans, safety support plans and any other prescribed plans, to reduce restrictive interventions and facilitate consistency of care and building of therapeutic relationships.
- Ensure that, wherever possible, all service users are offered the opportunity to participate in, develop and sign their behavioural support plans.
- To ensure all service users are offered 1:1 talk time and that this is recorded on care partner.
- Understanding and sharing information/themes to better inform care delivery through discussion at team meetings, MDT, Local Governance and other relevant meetings.
- To ensure service user care plans evidence interventions and outcomes, are inclusive, Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely (SMART) and evaluated monthly taking into account any changes directed by the MDT.
- To ensure service user health and well-being files raise awareness of healthier lifestyle choices and ensure any met or unmet physical health issues are addressed promptly and that the rationale for any not met is recorded appropriately.
- Collaborate with all to ensure internal and external activities are effectively planned, efficiently staffed and that decisions by the service user not to undertake the activities are documented.
- To provide leadership to the support team, working in a collaborative and co-operative manner with the manager and the multi-disciplinary team, to promote service user well-being and positive outcomes.
- As directed, participate in induction programme for new staff, ensuring they feel welcome, supported and are provided with the correct information to successfully undertake their role and therefore a reduction in attrition rates.
- To ensure effective communication within the clinical environment, facilitating the handover of clinical information in a positive planned manner being aware that the correct descriptive language is used by all attendees.
- To meet with and foster positive communication which allow relatives to understand and where appropriate participate in service user care and support.
- Liaise effectively and appropriately with other agencies, whilst respecting service user confidentiality.
- Ensure all patient records are factual, accurate, contemporaneous and detail service user progress.
- Ensure all required reports are factual, accurate and up-to -date, of the required standard, offering support and training to staff where necessary.
- To ensure talk through forms are offered to service users following any incident requiring safe holds and fully record outcome.
- To support staff de-briefs by ensuring relevant information is gained following any incident involving seated or supine safe holds.
- Facilitate and actively participate in all relevant meetings and reviews.
- To ensure a high standard of care during procedures and treatments including the safe storage, administration and recording of medicines in accordance with Legislation, organisational and local policies.
- To ensure that service user rights are protected under the Mental Health Act including DOLS and recorded monthly.
- Be up to date with your mandatory, service specific training and ensuring the staff you support are fully compliant in this area by checking and discussing at 1:1 meetings.
- To report any complaints, health and safety issue or concerns in accordance with agreed procedures and provide any reports as requested.
- Holiday allowance of 247.5 hours per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Life Insurance paid for death in service, three times salary equivalent
- Auto-enrolment into the pension scheme
- Full Training Provided in line with the All Wales Induction framework
- Free uniform where required
- Career Development Opportunities – 50% staff currently enrolled on professional & Management courses
- Fully funded access to nationally recognised qualifications (eg. QCF 2,3,5) on completion of your probationary period
- Additional long service annual leave
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
Back to all internal vacancies