Maintenance Officer – Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £27,000
- Hours: 37.5
Are you looking for a rewarding career? If you are a caring, energetic, enthusiastic individual, Iris Care Group has an exciting new opportunity for a Maintenance Officer to join our well-established team at Central Support (offices), Cardiff.
Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled. Work for us and you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference.
What will you receive?
- Annual salary of £27,000
- Holiday allowance of 216 hours (28.8 days) per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contracts
- Overtime opportunities
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for every new staff member you successfully introduce.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Estates Manager you will be required to carry out and oversee the maintenance and upkeep of all company property across Iris Care Group.
- The Maintenance Officer will carry out and complete maintenance work as stipulated under the company maintenance request system.
- The Maintenance Officer will be called upon to carry out general carpentry repairs, painting and decorating, glazing, tiling, flooring, plumbing and general cleaning duties including jet washing and drain clearance. There will also be a requirement to carry out general repairs to furniture, fittings and finishes where damage has occurred.
- To carry out various checks including scheduled testing of fire alarms, emergency lighting, water temperatures, generators as required.
- Escorting external contractors, specialists and visitors on company properties as and when required ensuring their Health & Safety.
- Reporting to the Estates Manager on any defective / faulty plant and equipment as well as any damages / defects to building structures, finishes or fittings.
- To carry out work to agreed timescales whilst ensuring that all completed work is of a good standard.
- All Maintenance Officers must be able to work either under their own supervision or as a part of a team, depending upon the specific job requirements.
- All work must be carried out strictly in accordance with statutory and company Health & Safety guidelines, ensuring that all work areas are left clean and tidy and that all tools, equipment, and materials are either removed from the work area or stored safely at the end of each working shift.
- Where provided, to ensure that company vehicles are kept clean and tidy and to carry out all vehicle checks as prescribed by the company, ensuring that MOT’s / services and repairs are undertaken in a timely manner and that current TAX discs are always displayed.
- To contribute with any suggested improvements or changes within your area of expertise which could be of benefit to the company.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as may be specified from time to time at any location within the company.
- To carry out overtime working at evening times / or weekends to suit the company requirements.
- You will also be required to work as part of the company’s on-call system which covers evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
- Ensuring the appropriate Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment is worn in accordance with Health & Safety Policy.
- On Call Working – to provide a 24hr emergency on call support on a rota’d basis.
This is a temporary role, reviewed on a week on week basis covering our OCS services around South Wales. Company vehicle will be provided.