Practice Leader – Beechwood College
- Location: Barry
- Salary: £25,675
- Closes: 07/03/2024
- Hours: 39.4
We are not able to accept CVs from TIER 4/ Candidates requesting sponsorship
Are you looking for a rewarding career? If you are a caring, energetic, enthusiastic individual, Iris Care Group has an exciting new opportunity for (a) Practice Leader to join one of our well-established teams at Beechwood College, Sully.
Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled. Work for us and you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference.
What will you receive?
- Annual salary of £25,675
- Holiday allowance of 221 hours per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- ‘Recognise Me’, our new staff benefits, wellbeing and recognition platform
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contracts
- Overtime opportunities
- Death in service
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for every new staff member you successfully introduce.
- To support the Senior Management Team in the management and development of a high-quality residential resource for young people aged 16-25 within the Beechwood College undertaking delegated supervisory management responsibilities.
- To provide shift leadership to less experienced staff to ensure the development of best resident care practice and optimal outcomes for resident students and young adults.
- Provide handovers to oncoming team members inclusive of inductions for agency staff members.
- Support new staff during their induction periods and assist them to become familiar with their role and the needs of resident students, then feedback via supervision and appropriate reporting processes regarding performance and training requirements to the Home / Service Manager.
- To oversee the therapeutic and personal care to a group of young people aged between 16-25 living in residential homes within the Beechwood College service.
- Promote the rights of resident students to be treated with dignity and respect in every aspect of their lives
- Ensure the protection of resident students from significant harm in compliance with all national and local safeguarding policies.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate 18 – 24 months of previous experience working the Care sector, however candidates who can demonstrate leadership and shift management experience from other sectors may also be considered where transferable skills can be clearly demonstrated.
- QCF level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or Higher with the intention to progress. Those who hold equivalent qualification in leadership and management from other sectors may also be considered.
- Evidence of leading teams, running shifts and organising staff allocations to tasks
[VISA Sponsorship Not Available]
All staff who work in a service that is registered with Care Inspectorate for Wales (CIW) will be required to register with Social Care Wales from 1st October 2022. You must also be prepared to work towards/undertake the necessary qualifications to meet the requirements to register.Back to all internal vacancies