Receptionist – Pinetree Court
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: £10.60 per hour
- Hours: 45 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist to join a well-established team at Pinetree Court, Cardiff.
Are you looking for a rewarding career? At Iris Care Group, you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference. Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled.
What will you receive?
- £10.60 p/h
- Holiday allowance of 216 hours (28.8 days) per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contracts
- Overtime opportunities
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for everyone you successfully introduce.
- Receiving all telephone calls and transferring the same without delay, taking messages as appropriate, considering confidentiality and information governance.
- Ensuring that all visitors visiting young people are on the list of approved visitors. Liaising with clinical team as appropriate.
- Ensuring visitors are dealt with in a professional, positive manner at all times.
- Dealing with queries from visitors on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensuring security of the hospital is not compromised with visitors.
- Providing a high-quality customer focused service and ensure that a high standard of customer care is always provided.
- Being a central point of contact, liaise as appropriate in case of fire alarm, medical emergencies and first aid calls.
- Supporting administration team in daily duties including typing and admin duties.
- Maintaining visitor waiting areas and visiting areas to a high standard.
- Ensure a robust room booking system is in place and co-ordinate room bookings.
- Good knowledge and use of the English language including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Experience of working within a reception environment.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Basic IT and typing skills.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a mental health setting is desirable.
An understanding of medical terminology is desirable.