Senior Administrator – Beechwood College
- Location: Beechwood College
- Salary: £23,000 - £24,000
- Hours: 37.5
Are you looking for a rewarding career? If you are a caring, energetic, enthusiastic individual, Iris Care Group has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Administrator to join our well-established team at Beechwood College.
Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled. Work for us and you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference.
What will you receive?
- Annual salary of £23,000-24,000
- Holiday allowance of 216 hours (28.8 days) per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contracts
- Overtime opportunities
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for every new staff member you successfully introduce.
- To include regular supervisions and objective setting and the performance management of each individual in the team.
- To lead the reception team and support them as they undertake their reception duties and to provide cover during periods of absence and during exceptionally busy periods.
- Co-ordinate and manage reception staff daily re-scheduling tasks when required to meet deadlines and changing day-to-day priorities and to ensure that regular tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- To respond to a wide range of telephone enquiries from both internal and external sources, screening and transferring incoming calls
- Specific Administrative duties
- To liaise with external organisations as required in the day-to-day administration function.
With appropriate training be proficient in the following areas:
- Preparation of Purchase Orders in line with Company policy, managing receipt of goods and prompt checking and forwarding of invoices.
- The maintenance of the computer database for all staff records such as contact details, sickness, and absence records.
- To be able responsible for all college petty cash. Inclusive of management of requests, petty cash distribution and accounting processes
- To be fully conversant with Coolcare (rota and absence management system) and be able to provide support and advice as a subject matter expert (after relevant training).
- Ensure that all individual homes/dept money is reconciled on a weekly basis.
- To ensure all Petty Cash expenditure is logged onto petty cash spreadsheet daily and audited weekly as a minimum.
- Experience in previous admin-based roles and competence with associated organisational skills and tasks.
- Experience in coordinating internal and external stakeholders via a range of mediums (including telephone calls, emails, and internet-based multimedia).
- Experience and proficiency with computer-based packages for planning, communicating, and recording purposes.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sully, Vale of Glamorgan: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person