Senior Support Worker
- Location: Pontypridd
- Salary: £25,675
- Hours: 39.4
Iris Care Group is looking for Senior Support Workers to join their rapidly expanding organisation. Heatherwood Court is increasingly recognised as a centre of excellence and best practice. We are rigorous in following professional, clinical and policy guidance in order to support high quality care. We take a recovery and person-centred perspective to all of our work and are committed to the current agenda around reducing restrictive practice and improving relationally focused care within mental health services.
Iris Care Group is a specialist provider of care for adults over the age of 18 with complex mental health problems, autism, learning disabilities, and neurological conditions including dementia and acquired brain injuries. We provide transition-focused healthcare and bespoke step-down services, including specialist assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and education, throughout Wales and the South West of England.
- You’re compassionate and committed with a desire to make a difference to those that you care for, in a positive and patient manner
- Have a genuine interest in working with our client group
- Ability to adapt your approach to the individual’s needs and a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work flexible, 11.25 hour shifts that will include evenings, weekends, bank holidays and waking nights
- Ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our clients through their person-centred care plans to achieve and exceed potential
- Promote the right values and attitudes towards people with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health needs and behaviours described as challenging
- Facilitating social, educational or work activities such as visiting family and friends, walks, shopping and other recreational activities of their choice.
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
- Complete records and documentation of progress, incidents and activities.
- Promote and uphold the privacy, rights, dignity, health and wellbeing of the individuals.
What to expect from Iris Care Group?
- Competitive Salary
- Fully paid Comprehensive training programme
- Paid DBS
- Employee wellbeing assistance programme – with free counselling sessions included for yourself and immediate family members
- Continued professional development with succession.
- Up to 38 days annual leave with long service dependent on role
- Paid for Blue light card
- Supportive and welcoming team
- “Recognise Me”, our new benefits, wellbeing and recognition platform
- Death in service