Senior Support Worker Gloucester
- Location: Gloucester
- Salary: £11.22 - £12.00
- Hours: 37.5
Iris Care Group offer supported living services to adults with autism & learning disabilities. We are different from other care providers; we believe we offer genuine career progression opportunities and provide a great working environment which results in our teams delivering fantastic outcomes for the people we support.
- Working as a Senior Support Worker, your job is to supervise other team members as well as providing direct support to our clients.
- We would look for someone to safely promote and encourage independence, choice, and community inclusion for the people we support.
- We would need you to carry out regular supervision sessions and appraisals with the staff team.
- You would be responsible for co-ordinating scheduled activities and appointments for the people we support, including planning their transport method and budgets.
- You would need to support, prompt and assist people with their personal care, maintaining their privacy and dignity at all times.
- We would need you to encourage the person being supported to utilise or develop any proactive strategies to maintain their emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- You would be involved in creating and updating written information and reports, including support plans, guidelines, risk assessments and on occasion, attend care reviews along with the Manager/Deputy Care Manager.
- We would need you to monitor absence and sickness of the staff team and follow Absence Policy of recording and reporting to the Manager/Deputy Care Manager.
- You would have some involvement with the recruitment and induction of new team members.
- We are looking for someone who has a Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or who is willing to work towards it.
- We need innovative and forward-thinking individuals.
- You need a minimum of 1 year experience of supporting individuals with Mental Health, Learning Disabilities or Challenging Behaviour.
- We need good basic comprehension of English language including basic literacy and numerical skills.
- Ongoing commitment to own personal development and training is required.
- You would also be responsible for making sure the frontline staff have completed the required paperwork during their shift, including daily notes and incident reports.
- You would also be accountable for medication audits and supervising Support Workers to dispense medication to the people we support.
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- Day shift
Back to all internal vacancies