Senior Support Worker – Pirton Grange, Worcester
- Location: Worcester
- Salary: £11.22 per hour
- Hours: 37.5
We are not able to accept CVs from TIER 4/ Candidates requesting sponsorship
Are you looking for a rewarding career? If you are a caring, energetic, enthusiastic individual, Iris Care Group has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to join our well-established team at Pirton Grange, Worcester.
Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled. Work for us and you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference.
What will you receive?
- 28 days of annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- ‘Recognise Me’, our new staff benefits, wellbeing and recognition platform
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contracts
- Overtime opportunities
- Death in service
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for every new staff member you successfully introduce.
- Working as a Senior Support Worker, your job is to supervise other team members as well as providing direct support to our clients.
- We would look for someone to safely promote and encourage independence, choice, and community inclusion for the people we support.
- We would need you to carry out regular supervision sessions and appraisals with the staff team.
- You would be responsible for co-ordinating scheduled activities and appointments for the people we support, including planning their transport method and budgets.
- You would need to support, prompt and assist people with their personal care, maintaining their privacy and dignity at all times.
- We would need you to encourage the person being supported to utilise or develop any proactive strategies to maintain their emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- You would be involved in creating and updating written information and reports, including support plans, guidelines, risk assessments and on occasion, attend care reviews along with the Manager/Deputy Care Manager.
- We would need you to monitor absence and sickness of the staff team and follow Absence Policy of recording and reporting to the Manager/Deputy Care Manager.
- You would have some involvement with the recruitment and induction of new team members.
- We need innovative and forward-thinking individuals.
- You would also be responsible for making sure the frontline staff have completed the required paperwork during their shift, including daily notes and incident reports.
- You would also be accountable for medication audits and supervising Support Workers to dispense medication to the people we support.
- You need a minimum of 1 year experience of supporting individuals with Mental Health, Learning Disabilities or Challenging Behaviour.
- We need good basic comprehension of English language including basic literacy and numerical skills.
- Ongoing commitment to own personal development and training is required.
- We are looking for someone who has a Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or who is willing to work towards it.
- Valid UK Driving Licence
Back to all internal vacancies