Support Worker Swindon
- Location: Wiltshire
- Salary: £10.91 per hour
- Hours: 37.5
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
UK Driving Licence essential
As a Registered Care and Supported Living services to adults with autism & learning disabilities. We are different from other care providers; we believe we offer genuine career progression opportunities and provide a great working environment which results in our teams delivering fantastic outcomes for the people we support. Having earned a strong reputation among local authorities for successfully supporting some of the most complex needs within the social care environment, we have almost doubled in size over the last three years and now offer 33 services across the UK and growing.
This means we are committed to best practice in people and business management.
As a Support Worker you will be supporting individuals with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Behaviours of concern, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Epilepsy and Complex Needs.
Ensuring all clients live a good life that focuses on choice, Independence and equal opportunity is integral to our ethos and all those we support within our supported living services.
· Supporting and assisting people with their personal care and promoting independence.
· Encouraging the person to utilise or develop any proactive strategies to maintain their emotional wellbeing and mental health. This includes following any written plans and guidelines for each person.
· Excellent record keeping skills, ensuring all records are accurate and up to date.
Skills and Experience required:
· A genuine desire to promote an individual’s independence and provide person centred care.
· Innovative and forward thinking
· Excellent communication skills are required, as well as excellent listening skills, as you will be supporting people who use various methods of communication.
· Good listening skills
· Knowledge/experience/desire to support individuals with Mental Health, Learning Disabilities or Challenging Behaviour.
· Good basic comprehension of English language including basic literacy and numerical skills i.e., GCSE level or equivalent
· Ongoing commitment to own personal development and training
· Level 2/3 Diploma in health and social care or equivalentBack to all internal vacancies