Support Worker – Beech House
- Location: Barry
- Salary: £22,077
- Hours: 38.5
We are not able to accept CVs from TIER 4/ Candidates requesting sponsorship.
PLEASE NOTE: We are only accepting applications from MALE candidates at this time due to the needs of the service.
Ludlow Street Healthcare is looking for Support Worker to join their rapidly expanding organisation.
We have an opportunity for a Support Worker to work in our service, as a support worker, you will ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our clients through their person-centred care plans to achieve and exceed potential.
Ludlow Street Healthcare is a specialist provider of care for adults over the age of 18 with complex mental health problems, autism, learning disabilities, and neurological conditions including dementia and acquired brain injuries. We provide transition-focused healthcare and bespoke step-down services, including specialist assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and education, throughout Wales and the South West of England.
- You’re compassionate and committed with a desire to make a difference to those that you care for, in a positive and patient manner
- Have a genuine interest in working with our client group
- Ability to adapt your approach to the individual’s needs and a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work flexible, 11.25 hour shifts that will include evenings, weekends, bank holidays and waking nights
- Ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our clients through their person-centred care plans to achieve and exceed potential
- Promote the right values and attitudes towards people with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health needs and behaviours described as challenging
- Facilitating social, educational or work activities such as visiting family and friends, walks, shopping and other recreational activities of their choice.
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
- Complete records and documentation of progress, incidents and activities.
- Promote and uphold the privacy, rights, dignity, health and wellbeing of the individuals.
- General housekeeping duties that can include shopping, domestic duties as well as elements of personal care to help Service Users.
- Auto-enrolment into the pension scheme
- Full Training Provided in line with the All Wales Induction framework
- Free uniform where required
- Career Development Opportunities – 50% staff currently enrolled on professional & Management courses
- Fully funded access to nationally recognised qualifications (eg. QCF 2,3,5) on completion of your probationary period
- Additional long service annual leave
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- £500 recommend a friend incentive
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Referral programme
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Work Location: In person