Support Worker Newent
- Location: Gloucester
- Salary: £11.22
- Hours: 37.5
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
UK Driving Licence essential.
As a Support Worker, you will be supporting individuals with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Behaviours of concern, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Epilepsy and Complex Needs. ·
The people we support may experience difficult days and present with high levels of anxiety, so the ability to remain calm and level-headed in all situations would be advantageous.
- Full training will be provided prior to supporting people, along with ongoing support, training, and further development opportunities from our dedicated teams. We also have a dedicated Wellbeing Officer to support our teams.
- Supporting people to live great lives is at the heart of all we do. This might be helping people to learn new skills, access their community and build their confidence and independence. · Support is delivered around people’s needs, using personalised rotas and individualised support plans
- Some people may need support with personal care and managing daily tasks. Maximising choice, control and independence is key to our support.
- Supporting people to learn new ways to manage difficult situations can be an important part of their support and key to maintaining their emotional wellbeing and mental health
- We provide a supportive, open learning culture for all our teams. Encouraging our teams to be innovative and forward-thinking.
- A good basic comprehension of English language including basic literacy and numerical skills i.e., GCSE level or equivalent is essential to the role.