Support Worker – Overndale House
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £11.50 per hour
- Hours: 22 - 38.5 hours a week
We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join a well-established team at Overndale Road.
Are you looking for a rewarding career? At Iris Care Group, you’ll go home knowing that you’ve made a difference. Employing over 1,600 people, Iris Care Group is the largest independent health and social care provider across the Southwest of England and South Wales. We provide innovative, effective, and forward-thinking care for adults with specialist mental healthcare needs.
With over 90% of staff saying they enjoy their job; we are proud to have created environments where our staff feel rewarded and fulfilled.
What will you receive?
- £11.50 p/h
- Holiday allowance of 216 hours (28.8 days) per annum paid inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Industry-leading training
- Employee Assistance Program – free 24/7 confidential helpline (domestic, financial, legal, health support, etc.)
- High street retail discount scheme
- Free on-site parking and uniform
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- No zero-hour contract
- Overtime opportunities
- Part-time opportunities
Iris Care Group also offers a ‘refer a friend’ scheme: where you could earn as much as £1000* for everyone you successfully introduce.
- You’re compassionate and committed with a desire to make a difference to those that you care for, in a positive and patient manner
- Have a genuine interest in working with our client group
- Ability to adapt your approach to the individual’s needs and a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to work flexibly, 11.25 hour shifts that will include evenings, weekends, bank holidays and waking nights
- Experience in Health and Social Care would be an advantage but not essential
- Ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our clients through their person-centred care plans to achieve and exceed potential
- Promote the right values and attitudes towards people with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health needs and behaviours described as challenging
- Facilitating social, educational or work activities such as visiting family and friends, walks, shopping and other recreational activities of their choice.
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
- Complete records and documentation of progress, incidents and activities.
- Promote and uphold the privacy, rights, dignity, health and wellbeing of the individuals.
- General housekeeping duties that can include shopping, domestic duties as well as elements of personal care to help Service Users.
Part-time hours: 22 – 38.5 per week
[VISA Sponsorship Not Available]
All staff who work in a service that is registered with Care Inspectorate for Wales (CIW) will be required to register with Social Care Wales from 1st October 2022. You must also be prepared to work towards/undertake the necessary qualifications to meet the requirements to register.
Back to all jobs