Support Worker – Ty Brynteg
- Location: Porth
- Salary: £22,077
- Hours: 38.5
We are not able to accept CVs from TIER 4/ Candidates requesting sponsorship
Iris Care Group is looking for Support Workers to join their rapidly expanding organisation in Ty Brynteg.. You do not need experience, just enthusiasm and compassion to support our vulnerable adults. This role will be in a residential setting. You will not be required to make house calls.
What to expect from Iris Care Group?
- Competitive Salary
- Fully paid Comprehensive training programme
- Paid DBS
- Employee wellbeing assistance programme – with free counselling sessions included for yourself and immediate family members
- Continued professional development with succession.
- Up to 33 days annual leave with long service dependent on role
- Paid for Blue light card
- Supportive and welcoming team
- “Recognise Me”, our new benefits, wellbeing and recognition platform
- Death in service
- You’re compassionate and committed with a desire to make a difference to those that you care for, in a positive and patient manner
- Have a genuine interest in working with our client group
- Ability to adapt your approach to the individual’s needs and a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to work flexibly, 11.25 hour shifts that will include evenings, weekends, bank holidays and waking nights
- Experience in Health and Social Care would be an advantage but not essential
- Ensure the highest quality of care is provided to our clients through their person-centred care plans to achieve and exceed potential
- Promote the right values and attitudes towards people with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health needs and behaviours described as challenging
- Facilitating social, educational or work activities such as visiting family and friends, walks, shopping and other recreational activities of their choice.
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
- Complete records and documentation of progress, incidents and activities.
- Promote and uphold the privacy, rights, dignity, health and wellbeing of the individuals.
- General housekeeping duties that can include shopping, domestic duties as well as elements of personal care to help Service Users.
Iris Healthcare Group is a specialist provider of care for adults over the age of 18 with complex mental health problems, autism, learning disabilities, and neurological conditions including dementia and acquired brain injuries.
We provide transition-focused healthcare and bespoke step-down services, including specialist assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and education, throughout Wales and the South West of England.Back to all jobs