Tenancy Support Assistant
- Location: Gloucester
- Salary: £26,000
- Closes: 17/11/2023
- Hours: 37.5
Iris Care Group (England) are one of largest and most established providers of Supported Living services, currently providing care and support to circa 200 people throughout Gloucestershire and surrounding counties, and in partnership with a specialist National Housing Association.
It is important to us that the people we support are as involved as possible in every part of their day to day lives so that they can be a full and active member of society. To safely promote and encourage independence, choice and community inclusion. It is of paramount importance that all our teams always acknowledge and respect that they are supporting people within their own home. We are committed to ensuring that the REACH standards are at the core of our supported living support services and that the principles for those we support focuses on choice, Independence and that equal opportunities are integral to our ethos.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated person to join our family at Iris Care Group working across our Gloucester, Forest of Dean, Swindon and Marlborough Services. Previous experience within a housing role is preferable, where you have supported individuals with benefits, utilities and life skills. You will be reporting to and supporting the Tenancy Liaison Officer and assisting them in their role.
This is a great opportunity for a rewarding career that offers excellent training. You will receive support and guidance within your role to gain the knowledge and experience in supporting tenants to gain skills and independence to enable them to live in their own homes.
1. Liaising and working alongside our contractual agreement housing associations.
2. Assisting the accounts team and housing association in managing rent charge queries.
3. Completion and submission of appropriate local authority forms to support the people we support with rents and council tax.
4. Support with house meetings, benefit queries, actions relating to tenancies and apply for grants etc
5. Working alongside people we support with a range of disabilities to advocate on their behalf in ensuring they are receiving the correct housing benefit and benefits.
6. You will offer day to day support which will include administration tasks.
7. To act as a representative of the organisation in all dealings with external professionals, families, carers and members of the public; as well as protecting the reputation of the organisation in those dealings and always promoting our values, ethos and work
8. Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
9. Any other duties commensurate with the nature and grade of the role.
What to expect from Iris Care Group?
- Competitive Salary
- Fully paid Comprehensive training programme
- Paid DBS
- Employee wellbeing assistance programme – with free counselling sessions included for yourself and immediate family members
- Continued professional development with succession.
- Up to 38 days annual leave with long service dependent on role
- Paid for Blue light card
- Supportive and welcoming team
- “Recognise Me”, our new benefits, wellbeing and recognition platform
- Death in service