Waking Night Support Worker Wiltshire
- Location: Gloucester
- Salary: £11.22
Iris Care Group offer supported living services to adults with autism & learning disabilities. We are different from other care providers; we believe we offer genuine career progression opportunities and provide a great working environment which results in our teams delivering fantastic outcomes for the people we support.
- As a Support Worker, you will be supporting individuals with Autism, Learning Disabilities, Behaviours of concern, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Epilepsy and Complex Needs.
- The people we support within our services are more likely to display challenging behaviour towards you, so the ability to remain calm and level-headed in all situations would be advantageous.
- Full training will be provided prior to entering the service, along with ongoing support from our staff team and dedicated Wellbeing Officer.
- We would need you to encourage our clients to participate in their chosen activity or follow their interests, this will involve assisting them in the community.
- You would need to co-ordinate scheduled activities for our clients, using personalised rotas and liaising with others, ensuring facilitated activities and appointments are attended.
- We would need you to support, prompt and assist people with their personal care, promoting independence during this, wherever possible.
- We would be looking for someone to encourage the person to utilise or develop any proactive strategies to maintain their emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- We would need you to have excellent record keeping skills, ensuring all records are accurate and up to date, including incident forms, daily notes and finance records.
- We are looking for innovative and forward-thinking individuals.
- You would need excellent communication skills, as well as excellent listening skills, as you will be supporting people who use various methods of communication.
- Knowledge/experience/desire to support individuals with Mental Health, Learning Disabilities or Challenging Behaviour is essential.
- You would need good basic comprehension of English language including basic literacy and numerical skills i.e., GCSE level or equivalent.
- Ongoing commitment to own personal development and training.
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- Night shift
Back to all internal vacancies