Pinetree Hospital is a specialist hospital, providing person-centred care for people over the age of 18, with learning disabilities, behaviours that challenge, and/or mental illness. We deliver intensive treatment, therapy and active rehabilitation within a safe and therapeutic environment.
Located close to Cardiff city centre, Pinetree Hospital offers accommodation split across single-gender units. We deliver individually tailored support based around models of care including Positive Behaviour Support, Active Support and Building Better Lives.
Our patient profile
Pinetree Hospital opened in 2008 to provide care for adults aged up to 65 with a primary diagnosis of learning disabilities, and who are likely to have been detained under the Mental Health Act. Patients may have complex needs and behaviours that challenge in relation to:
- A dual diagnosis of mental illness and/or personality disorder
- Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Forensic needs
Our Expert Team
Operating within a bespoke learning disability and Autism-friendly environment, which is psychologically led, our highly skilled multidisciplinary team works collaboratively to meet the mental and physical health needs of each of the people we support.
Our learning disability services provide specialist care in gender specific environments for adults over the age of 18 who meet the following criteria:
- adults a diagnosis of learning disability who also have mental illness requiring treatment and rehabilitation
- women with a diagnosis of personality disorder requiring psychological treatments including Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- individuals with severe and complex challenging behaviours which cause a significant impact to their everyday functioning
- individuals with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) including Asperger’s Syndrome requiring assessment treatment and rehabilitation
- individuals with a learning disability who also have a forensic history