Your physical wellbeing covers more than just your fitness levels. It incorporates everything from making sure you’re having regular health screenings, to your nutrition to your physical working environment. This page will provide you with resources and information to support your physical wellbeing.
Physical fitness offers many health benefits, including improved cardiovascular health, increased muscle strength and flexibility, better mental wellbeing, and a reduced risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. Regular exercise promotes better sleep, boosts mode and supports us to maintain being able to keep doing our day-to-day activities which improves quality of life.
- Bupa has a great article here on the benefits of walking.
- The British Heart Foundation has a great 10 minute workout you can do in your living room and tips for staying active.
- Age UK has some great resources on keeping active as you get older.
- Mind explains how physical activity and mental health are connected. It also has great other resources on overcoming barriers to physical activity and tips for getting active.
It’s important to note that you don’t have to make massive changes all of a sudden. Start small and you can build from there.
Part of maintaining our physical health is keeping up with regular health screenings. These are essential for prevention and early detection of potential health issues. Make sure you’re keeping up to date with your regular checks.
- For screening in England see here.
- For screening in Wales see
- Learn more about cancer screening at Cancer Research UK.
Quality sleep is crucial for your wellbeing. Improving sleep can help you feel better mentally and physically and improve productivity.
- The Sleep Charity has tips for better sleep and other sleep-related information.
- NHS Sleep and Insomnia provides guidance on insomnia and improving sleep.
Reducing and quitting smoking is one of the best things that you can do for your health. Access the support below to help kick the habit.
- In conjunction with NHS Wales Help Me Quit offers support for quitting smoking, including a free phone line for support.
- NHS England links you with local Stop Smoking Services to get the right support and professional help.
- The Quit Tracker: Stop Smoking app helps boost motivation during your quitting journey by showing how much money you’ve saved and progress while offering rewards.
A healthy diet is crucial for energy, focus and overall health. These resources will help you make informed choices about your nutrition.
- The NHS Eatwell guide provides information on balanced eating.
- British Nutrition Foundation gives resources on nutrition and healthy eating.
Good oral hygiene is often overlooked when it comes to your overall health. Below are some resources on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- British Dental Association for tips on maintaining good oral health.
- NHS Dental Services for information how to find an NHS dentist and what happens.
Your physical workspace is important. To download a DSE Assessment click here. Then return a copy to your manager.
For more information on a wide range of physical wellbeing topics head to the Employee Assistance Programme webpage. You can log in using the details below:
You can also head to the Resources document in the Wellbeing Tools section for further resources.